Every new experience is an opportunity to learn and grow; childhood is the most critical time to build physical, mental and emotional foundations for their future learning and development.
At Melodies Preschool we have dedicated, qualified, experienced staff to ensure a safe, kind and friendly environment, where your child has the opportunity to grow and develop a love for life long learning. We believe that children learn and develop through practical experiences and provide a wide range of high quality resources and facilities where children can explore and discover at their own pace.
Within our programme we adopt Te Whariki Early Childhood Curriculum, Carl Orff’s Approach for teaching music,dance and drama and also your child’s individual interests to create fun, meaningful and holistic learning experiences.
Since the beginning of time, children have not liked to study. They would much rather play, and if you have their interests at heart you will let them learn while they play; they will find that what they have mastered is child’s play.
- A stimulating educational based programme for Children Aged 2 – 5 years
- Specialised music, dance and drama programme for children aged 2 – 5 years.
- An opportunity for children to develop imagination and creativity through daily experiences.
- Gym programme, where children will develop gross motor skills, balance and co-ordination.
- Extension group for four year olds focuses on readiness for school.
- Children are able to participate in small focused experiences to develop self management and independence.
- Children will also enjoy experiences that will promote learning in numeracy and literacy.
- An environment where children are able to follow their interests and develop an enquiring mind.
- Develop language and communication by interacting, participating, and co-operating with other children and adults.